- The National Institute for Tourism Promotion of the Argentine Republic, INPROTUR, participates as a collaborating entity in the professional actions of Termatalia 2021
- The program of the 2nd International Congress on Water and Health includes the presentation of the country in the Conference dedicated to Tourism and Wellness
- It will also participate in the Workshop specialized in Wellness Tourism that will allow 24 international tour operators to learn about Argentina’s tourism offer related to health tourism, wellness and medical wellness
The professional actions related to Termatalia, International Fair of Thermal Tourism, Health and Well-being, planned for this month of September will once again have the support of the government of the Argentine Republic, through INPROTUR. This participation will allow us to continue positioning this country as one of the most outstanding in America, since we cannot forget that of the 23 provinces and their Capital City that comprise it, 21 have thermal resources. INPROTUR’s interest in promoting professional training in matters such as thermalism, health tourism or medical hydrology for entrepreneurs in the thermal sector has led them to collaborate one more year with the 2nd International Congress on Water and Health organized by Termatalia. between September 15 and 17 and that can be followed virtually. This event, positioned as one of the great international knowledge forums on the thermal sector (500 attendees from 30 countries in its first edition held in 2020), will bring together more than 60 experts from 10 countries and will host the presentation of Argentina as a destination of health in the Conference dedicated to Tourism and Wellness.
In addition, the official acts of the Congress will include the participation of the executive secretary of INPROTUR, Ricardo Sosa, one of the main supporters of Termatalia in America and one of those responsible for the celebration of Termatalia Argentina 2014 in Las Termas de Río Hondo, which was a turning point in the international promotion of Argentina as a health tourism destination.
The collaboration with the 2nd Termatalia International Congress on Water and Health also includes access for Argentine hotel establishments and marketing agencies to the business meetings that will be held at the Workshop specializing in Wellness Tourism, also organized by Termatalia in the same dates of the Congress, and in which the participation of 24 tour operators from countries such as Spain, Germany, Colombia, Brazil or Peru is confirmed.
Argentina is a country with a diversity of climates and an infinite availability of wellness tourism options. In natural settings, in large cities or in remote areas, there are hotels, spas and thermal water complexes that help treat conditions such as rheumatism, respiratory and dermatological problems, favor blood circulation and oxygenation, stimulate digestion and metabolism, they relax muscles, improve the immune system, benefit the skin and work as treatments for injuries and wounds, among others.
Mentioned below are some of your great options:
• REGION OF CUYO: Between wine and the good life comes from Mendoza. Here you will find hot springs surrounded by the snow-capped peaks of the Andes Mountains. Options include the Termas de Cacheuta, where visitors can bathe in heated pools and enjoy thermal caves. Likewise, the province offers unique experiences such as “Cavas Wine Lodge”, “Entre Cielos Luxury Wine Hotel & Spa”, “Yoga along the paths of Wine”, “Club Tapiz”, “Casa de Uco Vineyard and Wine Resort”, “The Vines Resort & Spa and the Park Hyatt Hotel, among others.
• NORTH REGION: RÍO HONDO HOT SPRINGS (Santiago del Estero). A classic. In recent years, the city has reconfigured its offer and is currently positioned among the great tourist spots in the country. It is the destination with the largest number of thermal wells in Latin America. The city also has excellent sports proposals such as golf, first-class hotels, one of the most advanced racetracks in the region, the Automobile Museum, a modern airport and much more. In JUJUY, there are the TERMAS DE REYES, known as Sacred hot springs of the Incas. Another circuit is the JORDAN RIVER HOT SPRINGS where you can appreciate the majestic jungle of the Yungas and enjoy the Hot Springs pools. There are also the ROSARIO DE LA FRONTERA HOT SPRINGS (Salta) being the first spa in South America (1880). Finally, the FIAMBALA HOT SPRINGS (Catamarca) is a place where adventure and peace are combined and make up a great proposal to enjoy the well-being of thermal water since these hot springs have the characteristic of being thermo-mineral-medicinal waters.
• COASTAL REGION: The region has six provinces with lush vegetation, plains, wetlands, lagoons, native forests and jungle. ENTRE RIOS has 16 thermal options, 15 of which offer facilities with recreational proposals (ideal for families) and one offers a medicinal therapeutic proposal.
• PATAGONIA REGION: It is the largest region in the country and one of the tourist destinations that awakens the most illusions in the world. NEUQUEN is a reference in thermal tourism. As for hydrotherapy, the COPAHUE TERMAS are known worldwide for the quality of their waters and muddy resources that allow different therapeutic treatments. Other options are: Termas de Domuyo, known for its healing properties, and Termas de Lahuen Co.
Related links: argentina.travel / Social media profile: @visitargentina