1 7 th INTERNATIONAL WATER TASTING TERMATALIA 2019
TERMATALIA organizes an international water tasting contest, in order to improve and promote the perception of the exceptional organoleptic qualities of natural mineral waters.
Download here to read the Water tasting Rules
NATURAL MINERAL NOT SPARKLING WATER
- Very low , very soft or light mineralization waters.
- Soft, m edium or mixed mineralization waters.
- High or st ro ng mineralization waters or waters with character
(*) 3 samples per category are needed, if not, they will compete in just one category: Natural Mineral Not Sparkling Waters.
NATURAL MINERAL SPARKLING WATER
- A. GAS TYPE :
- Natural Gas
- Added Gas
- B. Dry Extract:
- Very low mineralization or light waters
- Medium mineralization or mixed waters
- High mineralization or waters with character
(*) 3 samples per category are needed, if not, they will compete in just one category: Natural Mineral Sparkling Waters.
(**)3 samples per category are needed, if not, they will compete in just one category: added or natural gas mineralization.
NOT MINERAL WATERS
- Prepared potable water, public drinking bottled water or purified water.
(*) Flavored, flavored waters etc. are not included
BOTTLED MINERAL WATER SPECIAL DISTINCTIONS
CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY (CSR) AND ENVIROMENT POLIC
A 20 lines summary must be provided (sent by email to email@example.com ), as well as photos or other documentation that will be considered appropriate, 7 days before tasting date . Otherwise, they will not be taken into account.
It will be composed to international professionals and experts.
- CELEBRATION DATE: SEPTEMBER 20 th , 201 9 at 11:00 am.
- SAMPLES RECEPTION DEADLINE:: SEPTEMBER 10 th , 201 9
- AWARDS: The ceremony date will be o n F riday 20 th of September, at 6:30 pm.
- A diploma and a trophy will be awarded for e ach category.
- The number of awards will be proportional to the number of samples. Three prizes
will be awarded for each category (1 st , 2 nd and 3 rd ), a minimum of three
contestants will be needed.
- Privilege to attribute a special distinction to a certain water or a bottle if it is
- Winners can present their diploma and trophy and can represent it in its
commercial packaging under the license agreement conditions issued each year
by Termatalia and signed by the bottler.
• Participating waters must be present at fair’s Water Bar. Waters presented in the
fair Termatalia. The t asting contest is free, there is no charge per presented
• A minimum of 6 bottles, 50 cls. each one, must be sent.
• The bottles sent for the tasting must preferably be made glass ones, original and
• Tasting temperature: standard atmosphere, defined by the technical committee
• Tasting place: quiet place, ventilated, illuminat ed, without perfumes or parasitic
• Samples are prepared in an annexed area that’s not visible for tasters.
• Tasting preparation: the samples are marked with secret codes only available for
the technical director, the samples are prepared in a confi dential way, and they
will be presented to tasters in a covered bottle.
• Each jury will have tasting elements: scoring and tasting elements, tasting sheets,
empty glasses and witness water.
- Diploma and trophy will be awarded for each category.
- Number of awards proportional to the number of samples. Three prizes will be awarded for each category (1st, 2nd and 3rd), it will be necessary to have a minimum of three participants for each prize.
- Prerogative to attribute special distinction if it suits a particular water or a deserving bottler.
- The winner can present the diploma and trophy and can represent it in its commercial packaging under the conditions of the license agreement issued each year by Termatalia and signed by the bottler.
Water awarded in the previous edition (Termatalia Brasil 2018)
Very weak mineralization water without gas:
“Gond Wana” (Paraguay).
Natural mineral water without medium mineralization gas:
- 1st prize: Cabreiroá (Galicia- Spain)
- 2nd prize: Monchique (Portugal)
- 3rd prize: Gravatal (Brazil).
Mineral water with natural gas:
Natural mineral water with added gas:
- 1st prize: Magma de Cabreiroá (Galicia - Spain).
-2nd prize: Levity (Brazil).
Special prize innovative packaging: